Active Atom Team Skills & Capabilities
Active Atom Team Skills
We do a lot as a small company.
As a small company you learn to do nearly everything.
We are by no means know it alls, far from it, we just devoted our lives to making American Machined products and added skills over the years as new requirements or challenges arose.
Embracing Major Changes
A great example was moving from manual machines in the aerospace industry at the end of the 1970’s and welcoming the newest challenge of that time when CNC Milling machines began to arrive and take the place of the older massive manual Hydrotels, Profilers, Gantries, Power Mills, etc.
Our commitment to continued knowledge
Please know this though; we only do what we know and what we are trained to do each and every time.
We have done a lot of diverse work, work that we now bring into Active Atom from all of our years of working for others and being in business for more then 25 years on top of that.
- Computer software and Firmware designers and coders.
- CNC Programmers
- Design in SolidWorks.
- Machining in SolidCAM.
- Machining Aerospace Parts.
- Micromachining Watch and Timing device parts.
- Manual knee mill, power mill setup and production operators.
- Precision tools and test gauge makers.
- Micromachines, Manual lathes, Turret Lathes setup and operators.
- CNC Mills 3, 4 and 5 axis setup and operators.
- CNC Lathes single and dual spindle, live tooling setup and operators.
Quality Control and Production Control:
- Interim inspections during production and final inspection to the ISO standards in Aerospace.
- Software coding device compliance testing, firmware bios testing.
- PCB production final testing.
- Watch and device time testing.
- Hardness Rockwell material testing.
- Machine finish, surface finishing inspections gauges and visual comparison charts.
- Continual improvement matrix during production for the above.
Machined Parts Tolerances
- Micromachining tolerances are generally held within +/- 0.0002 tenths of a thousandth of an inch in a controlled environment.
- Larger CNC Mill and Lathe tolerances are held within +/- .005 thousandths of an inch.
- Inspection equipment is sent out for calibrated on an annual bases, based on usage.
Finishing and Coatings
We specialize in fine finishes; this talent comes from our many years of making components for and servicing
Our finishes are important and cover two categories, cosmetic fishing and dimensional finishing. Both of these finishes look great are both are often for appearances, but the dimensional one is about a finished components final thickness or diameter being held after completion.
Coatings are common in final products we produce, some coatings are for looks others are for corrosion protection and some coatings provide both looks and function.
We provide a wide seemingly endless variety of coating finishes depending on the end product.
Electronics and Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- PCB Design, Layout and Testing. (production subbed out)
- Electro-Mechanical Design and Building.
- Plastic enclosure design and development (production subbed out)
- FCC Certification and Compliance.
Small and Micromachine Rebuilding
We are buyers of machines and precision tools pertaining to the area of micromachining. We have been buying
small machines and tools of the watch making, medical, optical, dental and computer parts making past.
We needed to know how to rebuild these machines as many we have acquired needed updating, rebuilding or servicing so we spent the last 2 decades learning and rebuilding these machines and tools, they work great after months of effort each, some are actually new old stock so those go right into use.
We actually use the machines we rebuild to make the parts in some cases that we machine.
- CNC Mill 1 Single Spindle 5 Axis
- Table Size 12”x10”x12”
- CNC Lathe 1 Y axis Dual Spindle Live Tooling
- Maximum bar capacity 2.0"
- Maximum cutting diameter 18.0"
- Maximum cutting length 23.0"
- Travels X axis 12.5" Z axis 23.0"
- Micromachine Shop
- Manual Lathe
- Inspection surface plates
- Inspection tools
- Anodizing station
- Paint booth
- Media Blaster
- Parts tumblers
- Band saw
- Finishing specialty tools and machines
- Deburring tools